The Owens Clan

Hello! Dave and I have been married for 31 years. We have two boys. Daniel is 25 years and Brian is 24 years. And we have three baby girls (kitty cats). Victoria is 11 years, Ellie Mae is 10 years old and Goldie has been with us for 5 blessed years.

This blog is about our journey through life.

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

How do you spell relief?


DIPLOMA!


It's finally over. After three years of going to school at nights, afternoons, and weekends, I am finally finished with school. It felt like a long three years, but it was worth the hard work. My family really supported me. They stepped up to the plate, took on more duties, chores and responsibilities to make this happen. I am thankful to all of those out there who supported me, and encouraged me. (Wait, this is starting to sound like an Oscar Award speech.) Anyway, I really did get a lot of help from my family and friends. My boys took on doing chores around the house to help out. Maybe not to the most detailed standard I would have done, but none-the-less, they did it without complaining. Going to school late in life also showed my boys the importance of higher education. My colleagues gave me ideas, helped me study for tests, and overall let me just vent about all of the work. This certificate completes my Early Education. I work with young pre-school aged special needs children, so this will be a big help in the area I am working in. Maybe in a couple of years I'll get my Special Education certificate. But for now, I am just going to sit back, relax, and enjoy the time away from all of the studying and projects. I had visions of all of the things I would do with my "free time". Like cooking and exercising. Well, I haven't quite started that yet. So, thanks again to everyone. I am glad it's all done for now. (P.S. A little pat on the back. I graduated with Honors. That's the medal on the right hand side. I made the Dean's List and was inducted into the National Honors Society and Phi Kappa Alpha for having a 4.0 GPA. I figured if I was going to make the effort, I may as well have done my best.)

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Yeah Kathi. Great job.

theowensclan said...

We are very proud of our straight A student - Dave and the boys.

Andrea said...

Proud of you, girlfriend!!

starzy18 said...

Way to go Kathi!

David & Lynn said...

You go girl!!

Duke said...

Congratulations !!!

Way to go !!!

Love, Linda & Kevin