The Owens Clan

Hello! Dave and I have been married for 31 years. We have two boys. Daniel is 25 years and Brian is 24 years. And we have three baby girls (kitty cats). Victoria is 11 years, Ellie Mae is 10 years old and Goldie has been with us for 5 blessed years.

This blog is about our journey through life.

Monday, June 4, 2007

Slight change of plans

Things have changed just a bit today. My friend Andrea found out that things are moving quicker in Guatemala. So the date to leave has been moved to Monday June 18. That's only three weeks from today! The new plan is for me to go with Andrea and return on June 24. Sadly, Rachael is not going to be able to go that week. But, she may still go June 30th if Andrea is still there. Andrea's husband will leave on June 25th to join her. This blind-sided all of us. We weren't planning on it happening so soon. I wasn't planning on taking off from work. (We are out of school for summer break the week we originally planned.) So I believe this was all meant to be. Everything has fallen into place. So it's hard to think that I'm not supposed to go. I am really excited to be a part of this journey. I CAN NOT wait to see the face of the angel that God chose for my friend. I am looking forward to seeing the orphanage where he has been all of this time. I am also looking forward to seeing the country. There are a lot of volcanoes and lakes. So please pray for us. For safe travel, safety while we're there, for us all to stay healthy and for J.P. to bond quickly with Andrea and transition smoothly into his new life and family.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Awww!! What a beautiful boy!!! I am so excited that you are able to go. You,me and Rachael will have to take a getaway together when we get home! I am sad that it may not work out too!! :(

Email me that pic! It's cute!

Melissa said...

I know Andrea can relax knowing you will be there. She will also have someone to get those first pictures of them together! This is so exciting. See you later.- Melissa

Duke said...

What an experience, can't wait to hear all about it !

Linda