The Owens Clan

Hello! Dave and I have been married for 31 years. We have two boys. Daniel is 25 years and Brian is 24 years. And we have three baby girls (kitty cats). Victoria is 11 years, Ellie Mae is 10 years old and Goldie has been with us for 5 blessed years.

This blog is about our journey through life.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Lake Lure, North Carolina

On Saturday I drove up to Lake Lure North Carolina to stay the night with Andrea and her family. This was my first time to this area. It was absolutely beautiful. The leaves were amazing! My eyes could not take it all in. I will enjoy going there with my family and showing them the gorgeous scenery. Andrea and I had a great time. We drove down to the Lake Lure Inn. We got a private tour of this historical inn. This Inn was used in the movie Dirty Dancing. We admired the uniqueness of the rooms and all of the antiques. It was VERY special.

Mr. J.P.
Nanny, J.P., Andrea
J.P., Me, Andrea
On the bridge
How cute
BGF's
Gorgeous

Drawing in the sand

Breath-taking




Andrea, Nanny Faye


On our drive to the Lake Lure Inn
Are those seat belts?
Who took that picture?

Lake Lure Inn, built 1927
The mountains and the lake


In front of the Inn

Inside the Inn. The stain glass, antiques and painting
are amazing!

I LOVE old furniture
Inside the rooms. Look at the huge jaccuzi.

In the hallway on the 2nd floor.


This reminds me of the wardrobe in
The Lion,Witch, Wardrobe.
The most beautiful bed.
The hills are alive....!

A little love for Mommy.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You girls crack me up...some of those pictures look like prom poses, you know, like your "life partners!" I'm so glad you had a good time...it looks absolutely beautiful!

Oh, and is Andrea pulling a "Britney"...looked like JP was standing up in the car. I'm calling DSS. I just asked Andrea on her blog if she would be interested in quitting her job to become a nanny for these two babies, but I'm rethinking the offer after seeing the "Britney" picture.

Hope you guys are doing well!!!

theowensclan said...

Girlfriend! I can not get over you being pregant! I can't stand it! How about a two for one deal? Me and Andrea can come be your nannies for your babies! What a dream job that would be.

P.S. I'll keep Andrea in check. She gets carried away living the lifestyle of those Hollywood stars!