Dave is home from France. He was gone a full week. He got home last night around 5:30. It was a 20 hour flight both ways. France is 6 hours ahead of us, so Dave had some serious jet-lag. We went to dinner then came home. Dave went straight to bed at 8:00 p.m. and didn't wake up until 8:00 a.m., this morning. Below are some maps of France to show where he went. He was about 4 hours south of Paris in Clermont Ferrand. He said he didn't see very many people, and stores closed early. Most often before he was even finished at the office. He did have some time to walk around and look at different things. We sure did miss him. It's a lot different with him being so far away, as opposed to being in Mexico. We only spoke by phone with him a couple of times during the week.


City View, Clermont Ferrand France

Tomorrow the boys leave for Boy Scout camp. This will be their first time going. This will also be the first time that the boys have been away from home without Dave or myself. This will be very strange for us. I think I'm prepared, emotionally, for this. We drive them up to the camp tomorrow. I hope I don't leave there blubbering (like dropping the kids off for college). I pray they will be safe. I hope there won't be any accidents. Dave will drive up on Wednesday and stay the remainder of the week. So they will only be on their own for 3 nights.
1 comment:
Glad to hear Dave returned safely. I know the boys must be excited! I'm surprised that you are so calm, wait until tomorrow! ;)
Post a Comment