Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Day 2 Without My Boys
Well, Dave and I have been experiencing some new found time alone. It's been sort of strange. We went on a date last night and tonight. We went to dinner and ran some errands that are otherwise very difficult to do if the boys are with us. I've been thinking, "If only I could hear their voice". All was going pretty well until......... Daniel called tonight upset. He is really home-sick. It broke my heart. I'm sure it's exacerbated by lack of sleep, lack of eating, and just coming off of his medicine. He said, "Mommy, I just wanted to hear your voice". OK!!! That's when I lost it. I stayed strong on the phone, but deep down inside, I wanted to jump in my car and drive straight up there to get him. Brian's doing just fine. He sounded chipper and very happy. Wednesday night is Parent Night. Dave and I are going up there. We will have dinner with the troop and do some other fun stuff. Then Dave is staying the rest of the week. I'm sure that will make things a lot easier for Daniel. Me on the other-hand, well, I've planned myself up a lot of things to do so I don't have to be home in a quiet house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
LOVE your new blog look...so cute and fancy!
I feel your pain about missing your boys...I don't know that I could let them go for a week - I don't care how old they are! :) BUT, enjoy your time alone and do lots of fun things!
Miss seeing you!
Post a Comment