The Owens Clan

Hello! Dave and I have been married for 31 years. We have two boys. Daniel is 25 years and Brian is 24 years. And we have three baby girls (kitty cats). Victoria is 11 years, Ellie Mae is 10 years old and Goldie has been with us for 5 blessed years.

This blog is about our journey through life.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Where's Dave? Dave's not here!!!

Ever heard of a "sports widow"? Well, I'm a Wii widow! That's right. This family has caught the Wii bug. We got the Wii game system for Christmas and everyone loves it. I've only tried it twice. I'm not into video games. We may just have to put an automatic shut off timer on the game. I heard Daniel wake up at 3:00 a.m. Saturday morning to go to the bathroom. I followed him down the hall and sure enough, he headed straight for the Wii. He sure was surprised when I opened the door and sent him back off to bed. Now I know why there is a back order on this game system. Dave loves the Guitar Hero. It's a game where you have to press the correct colored keys while a song is playing. It's like virtual reality guitar playing. This game has all of the good old bands from the 70's, 80's and 90's. There are even some songs from the 60's and 00's. It's weird to here Daniel sing all of the words to songs that I knew when I was his age. Hopefully the "newness" will wear off soon. But I won't be holding my breath!
It all began with this, Guitar Hero
Look at the intensity on his face!

Here he is "rocking out" and "jamming" the guitar.

This is his Mii character. The guy has blue and green spiked hair and tattoos.

The game says, "You Rock!" when you score really well. An accomplishment to be proud of.

Notice how serious he looks.

This is the game. Hit the corresponding colored keys when they scroll by.
This is my attempt. I didn't do very well.

1 comment:

starzy18 said...

It looks like fun. I know how you feel about not being to into video games. I can't play them, I have NO hand-eye coordination.
I can't wait to see you guys again! I miss you so much!