The Owens Clan

Hello! Dave and I have been married for 31 years. We have two boys. Daniel is 25 years and Brian is 24 years. And we have three baby girls (kitty cats). Victoria is 11 years, Ellie Mae is 10 years old and Goldie has been with us for 5 blessed years.

This blog is about our journey through life.

Friday, June 22, 2007

June 22, 2007 Part 2

We JUST got back from Antigua. It was beautiful. It was about a 45 minute car ride from the city here. We went with Helen. We're going to her house for dinner in about an hour or so. Antigua was the old capital of Guatemala before it moved to the current area here in Guatemala city. We saw church ruins. Antigua sits in a valley below several volcanoes. Andrea and I got some pictures together in the town. I can't wait to post and show you all the pictures. J.P. did fabulously. He didn't wimper or fuss even once. Andrea got the sling that the ladies here use to carry their babies around in. J.P. did great in it. I got lots of souveniers. We stopped at a roadside place where ladies cook food over an open pit. There we were at the top of the mountain and could see all of Guatemala city below. We took some really great photos there.

No word from Ivan. Helen has called his office several times. He's either out, in a meeting or just left. Hummm? So, no passport today. I pray this moves quickly. Andrea is so ready to be home and be settled into her regular life with friends and family. We keep talking about what Sandy will be like with J.P.

I had a change of plans. Dave's travels had to be moved back a day. So I am now leaving in the morning instead of on Sunday. This way I'll be with Dave for a couple of hours before he leaves on Sunday. My flight will get in late and I won't be home until after 9 p.m. But at least this way I'll have a day at home to settle in before returning to work on Monday. I've been off from work two and half weeks now. At least I'll only have one week of work before we have two weeks off for our break.

So this is probably my last post before leaving tomorrow. I don't know what time we'll get back from Helen's tonight. Then I'll need to pack and get to bed.

Signing off from Guatemala! I can't wait to see everyone, especially Dave, Daniel and Brian.

Love, Kathi

1 comment:

starzy18 said...

I'm glad that you guys had a good time today. Have a safe trip back and call me when you get back. We have lots of catching up to do!