The Owens Clan

Hello! Dave and I have been married for 31 years. We have two boys. Daniel is 25 years and Brian is 24 years. And we have three baby girls (kitty cats). Victoria is 11 years, Ellie Mae is 10 years old and Goldie has been with us for 5 blessed years.

This blog is about our journey through life.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Day at Copacabana Beach

We spent the day at the beach. Even though it is winter there, it was a very nice (and warm) day. The water was a bit cold, so we didn't swim. It was a VERY nice day at the beach.

This is an amazing sand castle.
That is Sugar Loaf mountain in the rear.
Brian LOVED this castle.
We had a very enjoyable day.
They sold all kinds of things on the beach.
This man is carrying around cover-ups, hats,
lotion, sunglasses. You name it.
Building a sand castle. I love the mountains in the water.
The waves broke, at the shore line.
If you look to the right of the picture,
you'll see an Oil platform.
They had a great time building the castle.
I picked shells.
I having something in mind that I'm gonna do with the shells.
The waves came in and flooded the castle.
On the beach, there are lots of restaurant huts.
We got a coconut and they carved it open.
We put a straw inside, and drank the milk.
It tasted really good.
Back at the hotel, we went to the roof.
That is where the pool is.
A beautiful view from the pool on the roof.
Really, really cool!!
Notice the streets designs.
That is Sugar Loaf, the taller mountain.


No comments: