The Owens Clan

Hello! Dave and I have been married for 31 years. We have two boys. Daniel is 25 years and Brian is 24 years. And we have three baby girls (kitty cats). Victoria is 11 years, Ellie Mae is 10 years old and Goldie has been with us for 5 blessed years.

This blog is about our journey through life.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Clemson-vs-Citadel weekend

This weekend we went to the Clemson-vs-Citadel game. We started off the weekend with a party on Lake Keowee with Dave's roommate from Citadel. We went to the party by boat. The sky was beautiful. The sun set was gorgeous and the moon was unbelievable. The next day we started off by tailgating with friends before the game. For those who tailgate, they take cooking to a whole 'nother level. The food is out of this world yummy. There was everything from jumbolia, to Chick-fil-A, to boiling shrimp and crab! We've decided to start going to all of the home games and go from tailgate tent to tent. We're gonna meet new people and eat all kinds of food! The game was sooooo hot! It was over 95 degrees. And probably hotter down in the stadium. Me and the boys stayed until the second quarter then left. Dave stayed with friends. Several of Dave's classmates came to town for the game. It was SO good to see them and catch up!
Sunset on Lake Keowee
There is a rainbow in the sky.
Brian driving the boat.
The sunset is beautiful.
Brian and Dave
Gorgeous.
Eddie and Dave
(Dave's roommate from Citadel.)
The tailgating tents.
These fans are pulling for the Tigers and the Bulldogs.
We parked right in front of the stadium.
The game program.
Dave, Doris, Kathi, Ray
The yummy food!
Dave, Shawn, Jeff
Eddie, Shawn, Dave
Citadel Class of 1989
Bulldogs coming in the stadium.
Running down the hill. Rubbing the rock.
Pre-game fun.
The band. I love the band!
Death Valley Stadium
My friend Kim is sitting between the "y" in Valley and the Clemson paw.
Do you see her?

Gooooooo Bulldogs!
The cheerleaders.
Shawn, Dave, Jeff. They are the only ones wearing blue!
Jeff and Shawn the next a.m. with coffee to wake up!
(Looks like Jeff is still asleep!)
Yummy breakfast. Thanks Dave!

4 comments:

Kim said...

2nd row, right above the "Y". Kev's dad is in the white shirt and his sister is in gray. The empty spot beside her is were we sit. When did you take the picture? We were about 5 minutes late getting into the stadium and then got up at half time to get food.

theowensclan said...

Wow!! How cool is that? I took that picture after you text me that you were sitting there. It was during the first quarter. I wish I had caught you and Kevin in the picture. That would have been so cool! We'll be sure to see you next time!

Jennifer said...

Looks like a lot of fun....but 95 degrees???? I would have died!!!

Hope you're doing well and still enjoying your new job!

Anonymous said...

OMG, everyone looks great. I thought Shawn had dropped out of sight. How fun! I can understand the heat. We went to the Titans vs. Jacksonville game on Sunday and Kevin & I got so sunburnt. we left at the beginning of the 4th quarter. Plus, we saw the Vandy vs. South Carolina game on thursday. By the way Kevin & I have the triplets the last weekend in October & thinking about bring them up to the mountain house.

Love, Linda