The Owens Clan

Hello! Dave and I have been married for 31 years. We have two boys. Daniel is 25 years and Brian is 24 years. And we have three baby girls (kitty cats). Victoria is 11 years, Ellie Mae is 10 years old and Goldie has been with us for 5 blessed years.

This blog is about our journey through life.

Monday, February 18, 2008

Flu Bug


Dave was hit by the Flu Bug! It's pretty rampant around this area right now. We have quarantined him to only a couple of places in the house. He has his own bedroom, bathroom, cup to drink from.... We are trying our best to not get it. I think we've done pretty good. It hit him really hard. Dave hasn't missed much work over the years, and he was out ALL week. It has lasted since last Saturday. He's doing a lot better today. So it was a good full week of suffering. We hope all of our family and friends are doing well, and stay "flu free".

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow - a whole week! Man, the flu can really get you sometimes. I'm glad he's feeling better!

starzy18 said...

Glad he's feeling better! Let Dave know that my dad has an inner ear infection and a sinus infection. He might be able to go back to work this week. He has no energy and is very dizzy.

Duke said...

I am sorry to hear that. Several of the nurses I work with have been hit with the flu despite getting the flu shot. The CDC got the flu shot wrong this year for the strain of flu going around. They have closed several school districts around here (TN) because of the flu. Happy to hear he is on the mend. Get Better- Linda

Anonymous said...

I hear that the flu can be really rough on the elderly.

Nana Faye said...

Please tell your sweet husband that I am so sorry he has been sick and am glad that he is feeling better finally. Thank you soooo much for the card. I have been praying for you since I heard that your trip with Daniel to the new doctor didn't amount to much!
See ya tonite.