The Owens Clan

Hello! Dave and I have been married for 31 years. We have two boys. Daniel is 25 years and Brian is 24 years. And we have three baby girls (kitty cats). Victoria is 11 years, Ellie Mae is 10 years old and Goldie has been with us for 5 blessed years.

This blog is about our journey through life.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Trees, Trees, Trees

I love my yard. We have a lot of trees. When we moved to our house ten years ago, the builder cleared out our lot, except for
three very large, very old trees. But all of those trees eventually
died due to the grading. Now we have seedlings from the
"mother trees" as I call them. Dave calls them "volunteer trees".
They have all grown and we now have oaks, appricots, and maple
trees. They are growing all around the front, sides and back yard.
I feel like Rapunzel's mom when I look out on my back yard
admiring my trees. (Remember Rapuzel's mom looked out her window and admired the Rapunzel (plant) growing in the wicked old lady's yard.) I think we have about 38 trees in all. Some are very large, and some are just starting out. I tend to my trees with a lot of love and care. The growth and abundance of the trees in my yard remind me of how much my boys are growing daily and how abundantly my love grows for them everyday. I have always wanted to have a home that my boys could grow up in, come back home to, and visit with their family on holidays. As the years pass, and I look out my window, I will always watch the trees growing to remind me of how long we've been here in this home and how many memories we have shared.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Your post REALLY inspired me!! You know how I LOVE trees!

Promise me you'll post something SOON about the increase in gas prices!

Love, your faithful blog stalker

nancy said...

I now feel guilty for not loving my trees. I will count them tomorrow first thing.

Anonymous said...

Your trees obviously do not have as many leaves as my trees! I do love the shade though.
Kim